Today, Turborepo has dedicated full-time team working on it as well as a growing list of open source contributors.
At Vercel, we believe deeply in the open source movement and in the power of open collaboration. To that end, it's important to provide meaningful attribution to the projects and people that inspire(d) us and our work.
We'd like to make a special shoutout to other build systems, monorepo tools, and prior art:
- Bazel - https://bazel.build
- Buck - https://buck.build
- Please - https://please.build
- Pants - https://www.pantsbuild.org
- Scoot - https://github.com/twitter/scoot
- TSDX - https://tsdx.io
- Lerna - https://lerna.js.org
- Lage - https://microsoft.github.io/lage
- Backfill - https://github.com/microsoft/backfill
- Bolt - https://github.com/boltpkg/bolt
- Rush - https://rushjs.io
- Preconstruct - https://preconstruct.tools
- Nx - https://nx.dev
- Yarn - https://yarnpkg.com
- npm - https://www.npmjs.com
- pnpm - https://pnpm.js.org
Throughout the documentation, wherever applicable, we also provide inline callouts and links to the projects and people that have inspired us.
Additionally, we're grateful to:
- Rick Button for donating the
turbopackage name on npm
- Iheanyi Ekechukwu for helping Jared pick up Golang during the Pandemic!
- Kenneth Chau for Lage's Scope and Pipeline API and docs
- Miguel Oller and MakeSwift.com for piloting Turborepo
- Eric Koslow, Jack Hanford, and Lattice.com for piloting Turborepo